Our mission at Aveda is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make to the ways in which we give back to society. At Aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world.
Horst Rechelbacher, Founder
Our Guiding Principles
This means we:
- consider the life cycle analysis when developing packaging options
- reduce the size, weight and production processes of packaging wherever possible
- offer packaging that can be recycled whenever possible
- use the most environmentally sound materials and as much post-consumer recycled (PCR) content as commercially possible without affecting the efficacy of the product.
- use renewable energy to manufacture and fill our packaging in Blaine
- challenge our packaging partners to meet the same standards
Animals & AVEDA
Aveda is a cruelty-free brand. We do not test on animals and never ask others to do so on our behalf. Our products are “people-tested.”
Being a cruelty-free brand is an important part of our mission to care for the world we live in and for those we live with, and has been since our founding in 1978.
We strive to set an example for leadership and responsibility of caring, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world. Our commitment to caring for animals and wildlife reaches far and wide. In fact, we live and breathe it.
Our Ingredient Promise
At Aveda, The Art and Science of Pure Flower and Plant Essences, we believe that Nature is the best beauty artist of all. This is why we continually strive to increase our use of naturally derived ingredients whenever possible.
Naturally Derived: We define naturally derived ingredients to be those for which more than 50% of the molecule comes from a plant, non-petroleum mineral, water, or some other natural source.
Our commitment to deliver high performance, botanically-based products that are kinder to the planet – which is good for all of us -- goes much deeper than our use of naturally derived ingredients.
AVEDA's approach to packaging
We are proud to have been the first beauty company using 100% post consumer recycled PET. Now more than 85% of our skin care and hair styling PET bottles and jars contain 100% post consumer recycled materials.
With every package we develop, we're mindful of our environmental footprint and work to minimize our packaging and maximize our use of recyclable and post consumer recycled materials.